Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Beginning


A photo a day. One a day. Every day. Documenting life for a whole year.


We were sitting in an extraordinarily smoky German beer house in Kyrgyzstan (odd concept itself) when a friend of a friend shared how HIS friend did such a thing. What a thought. . . My mind started whirring with creative prospects. Every day? For a whole year? Wow. What a great idea. Then, my next thought . . . could I do it? Do I dare?


So, here I am -beginning a year's journey in photography. Some of this year's photos might document the changes taking place in our family, our living situation, our city, or simply the seasons. . . others might be experiments in photography as I am currently learning and growing in this area. We shall see. . .


Today's photo, the first of 365 (oh, I mean, 366 -- there will be a bonus one for 2008!), will begin with a Santa hat picture since we just started playing Christmas music this weekend!

No comments: