Sunday, July 13, 2008

Almagul Anniversary Picnic

Once again, we couldn't get our internet working last night. . . sorry. . .
Almagul celebrated their 14th (!) anniversary with our annual service and picnic in the mountains. It was a very warm day and it looked like we were going to be sun bathing on the mountain-side for a while (many people were wearing paper hats when I drove up). But, God provided some wonderful cloud cover for much of the afternoon, making it much more enjoyable for all of us. Many special needs' kids and their families also came, giving them an opportunity to get out of the house and enjoy fellowship.
You probably recognize Marina from the Baravoy pictures. She and Diana have both been part of the worship team for years; they do an excellent job!

Big bummer. . . I was distracted by many concerns today. As I was trying to get things done this evening, I accidentally plugged in our 110v food dehydrator into our 220v wall socket without a transformer. No more food dehydrator. In our 15 years in Almaty, I have never done this to any of our electronics. And, now, the very week when I need to dehydrate food around-the-clock for our upcoming back-packing adventure, I burn up the dehydrator. . . Dan is going to take it to the small electronics place (which still hasn't provided us with a working coffee maker) to see if they can do anything about it. The odds are slim, in my mind. . . .

No comments: