skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Deja-vu and Soul Refreshment
Yup. There I was. Sitting in the rain. In the traffic. Stuck at that SAME light again. Mark, there are many, many wonderful things about Almaty and I know you must miss the city a lot. But, how THESE pictures (not the ones of the gorgeous mountains or the fabulous people) are the ones that generate the nostalgia is beyond me :-)!
After the dismal first half of the day, however, we had an amazing weather turn-around. The sky miraculously cleared and we had an absolutely gorgeous late afternoon. Before dinner, Allison went out in the backyard to play her guitar and sing. I just love hearing my children play music; it brings joy to my soul. And Allison has made incredible progress this year. She is really quite good! Perhaps she will use these pictures for the cover for her upcoming CD. . . :-)!
2 comments:
Hi Catherine! I don't know if you remember me but I am Gary and Valerie Darnell's daughter Jaime from a longggggg time ago! :) I recently found your blog via your newsletter (my mom saves them for us to read when we are there) and have loved seeing how your family has grown and Almaty as well! I didn't want to be a *lurker* anymore so thought I'd say Hi and tell you how much I enjoy your blog and photos! :) Take care! Jaime
Of course I remember you, Jaime!! What fun to hear from you! I am so glad that you said hi. I am so glad that you have enjoyed our family adventures. I would love to see a recent pic of you and your family - I periodically get the Christmas pics from your folks - what are the ages of your kiddos now? Hope all is well with you. . . Let me know if you start a blog so I can keep up with you, too :-)!!
Post a Comment