Saturday, September 5, 2009

Scrappin' Mornin'

It didn't look like it was going to be much of a family day today - men's conference, extreme rafting, student council retreat, sleep-overs, gatherings of friends - so I made some plans of my own and went to Zara's Saturday scrapbooking class. The project looked fun - a 6 x 6 ring-bound album - so I printed pictures and got my ideas ready. . . The other girls hadn't scrapbooked before, so we learned how to "age" paper with ink and how to stamp, etc. . . Before too long, I took off on my own and went in a different direction. In the end, my album wasn't looking much like theirs, but I was happy! Here is the beginning of a small Issyk-kuhl vacation album:
Hopefully, I wasn't too distracting to the new girls. Maybe it was good for Zara's business after all - one girl kept watching what I was doing, then bought all the K and Company supplies from Zara so she could make another album at home. . .

No comments: