Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Polka Dots, Surprise Visit, and Soccer Mom

We did the big summer-winter clothes switch last weekend. I am always so happy to unpack my out-of-season clothes and find old favorites. I just love my green polka-dotted pajama pants. They made me so very cozy this morning. . . I went to run errands at the mega-mall today. I was so pleased to run into these long-lost friends! Heather and Ann, two of my favorite people, were having coffee together. I had heard a rumor that Ann was in town - how wonderful that I got a chance to give her a hug and catch up a little! Happy, happy. . .
I spent the afternoon being a soccer mom, though no soccer mom should be subject to the scary traffic patterns required to drive out of town to the international school playing fields. Several times I prayed my way through a cement truck/large city bus sandwich. . . But the fields out there are fabulous - beautifully kept turf and an amazing view of the mountains! A wonderful place to play sports (if only it were closer!).
Here are just a couple of pics of the game. Tiffany - ever ready to defend the goal.
I think this is my favorite picture of the afternoon. The boys' games always have so much ACTION. I think these two boys ended up in a big heap right after I snapped this one. . . Neither of the junior high teams had a victory today, but it was good to finally start the season!

No comments: