A million years ago (okay, maybe sixteen years), these ice cream cones were the only ones available in Almaty. We remember buying them (with no wrapper) out of a box from a Moskvich trunk when Jackie and Daniel were toddlers. They still remain one of Jackie's favorite kinds of ice cream. We just had to buy some for nostalgia's (and photographic prop) sake.
This picture just might be my new screen saver (zoom in on Daniel's face):
We then played the game "Hurry Up!". Every time I yelled, they had a few seconds to find a new position and freeze. . . Much humor involved (for us and for those waiting at the nearby bus stop)!
And then there is this one. . .
I was wishing I had a single daisy to hand each of them. . . ("Tsveti" is flowers in Russian).
I just had to post this "Allison Almost Getting Bit By a Dog" series. Strolling along the street, minding their own business, Jackie and Allison are immersed in singing songs together. Daniel makes a side-wise, suspicious glance at the lurking canine.
Abby also looks wary of the dog. Allison and Jackie are still in their own world. . .
Dog barks viciously, lunges, and grabs Allison's jeans. Allison and Jackie jump and scream. Allison escapes, unscathed. Nothing like a dog attack to get your adrenaline running. . .
We then found this GREAT wall and took my very favorite pictures of the day. . .
The kids just started playing and singing favorite songs together. I snapped away. Passersby stopped to listen. Abby, ever hopeful, put out her hat for donations (hey, there is a poor college student in the band).












2 comments:
I believe this is my favorite series of your pictures ever. Well, you did take some pictures of John David, but still...
Catherine,
These are super. We miss yall, especially now that I am back in school! You have wonderful children. You are very blessed. They are all very photogenic if a little bit nuts, especially Daniel!
Post a Comment