Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More Mountains and Woodstock Revisited

Yes, I know he just returned to the city last night, but this is Mountain Week for Dan. This morning I drove Dan and a group of young guys from Rakim up to Chimbulak for the beginning of a three day spiritual renewal retreat/hike. I waved good-bye to them as they had their first devotional and began their adventure. I then went on to do our weekly grocery shopping. When I came out of Ramstore an hour later, this was the mountain view. Without a doubt, the guys had a very wet and stormy first day.
Although I am husband-less this week, I did have a fun evening out with friends! Our friend Michelle is turning the big 5-0 (shhh!) this week and we had a surprise party at her house tonight!
It was a sixties theme party, which certainly added to the bizarre fun!
Since the sixties was such an era of turmoil and protests, we broke up into groups and came up with posters and chants, protesting aging. I am always impressed with the creativity and diversity in our group of friends!
Our group used Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" as the basis for our protest:
"We don't need no met-a-mu-cil.
We don't need no ger-a-tol.
No wrinkles on our lovely faces.
Hey, People, leave our age alone."
The Krals' group focused on the nip and tuck theme.
Whereas, Michelle's group featured positive aspects of aging, like the AARP!!! and cruises! and BINGO!!
Woodstock at its finest!
Good friends, good food, some creative toasting using sixties song titles, live Karaoke, and lots of laughter. A fun evening celebrating the life of our good friend!! We hope she enjoyed it as much as we all did!

No comments: